It’s here, spring has finally arrived. The dogwood is glorious, the rhododendrons are blooming, and it’s time for the Ladysmith Spring Art Tour. We live in such wonderful surroundings, and I have my fingers crossed that the weather will cooperate. You can always add a nice lunch by coming here and heading to Page Point Inn’s delicious waterside bistro.
The tour is running for the next three days, so we hope you’ll come out and see some of our latest work.
We have 12 artists on the tour and it’s on from 10 until 4, April 26, 27 & 28. You can start the tour here at our studio, or at the Ladysmith Waterfront Gallery. Artists on the tour are:
- Ladysmith Waterfront Gallery, 610 Oyster Bay Drive, 250-245-1252–Art Gallery
- JoVic Pottery, 4781 Shell Beach Road, 250-245-8728–Studio Pottery with Functional Stoneware, Raku Pottery, and One-of-a-Kind Art works for the home and garden
- Sally Mann, 32-541 Jim Cram Drive, 250-245-5933–whimsical art, including paintings and papiermache
- Likova Art Studio, 1152-3rd Avenue, 250-245-7553–mosaics on canvas
- Crystalline Vortex Pottery Studio/Gallery, 1010-3rd Avenue, 250-924-8007–crystalline glazed stoneware pottery.
- Bayview Framing, 421-First Avenue, 250-245-0011–offering local art at the smallest gallery in town.
- Lois Ireland Creates, 330-3rd Avenue, 250-245-0243–colorful fine crafts from clay works to vibrant glass beads.
- Caldera Glass Studio, 220-3rd Avenue, 250-245-8119–Kiln formed glass creations and beads.
- Artsy Fartsy Garden and Gifts, 332 Baden powell, 250-24-3190–local art, in the most delightful artsy fartsy sense by local artists.
- Ruby Dragon Pottery, 340-4th Avenue and Roberts St. firstname.lastname@example.org–functional stoneware and pit-fired vessels.
- Luri Hoffman, 240-5th Avenue (at Baden Powell), 250-924-3669–Abstract Expressionist paintings.
- Oyster Bay Clayworks, 394 Woodley Road, 250-245-8047–Hand-sculpted stoneware pottery and functional art décor.
All the studios are in the Ladysmith area. Just look for the “Art” Signs with black lettering on a yellow background to find us.